Learn to meditate with a mindfulness online course
Learn about mindfulness online to get tailored meditation tuition with an experienced mindfulness teacher. Pace yourself and choose the frequency and time of your sessions.
Mindfulness online course tailored to you
Mindfulness tuition online
This mindfulness online course teaches you Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT). This therapy is recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) as a treatment of choice on the NHS for repetitive bouts of depression. Depending on your needs, we can also tailor make the course to include Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) which has much wider application including in schools, businesses and the general population wanting to learn secular mindfulness online. Western mindfulness courses blend ancient wisdom and modern psychology with neuroscience.
The word mindfulness means clear and kind awareness. It is being alive and present to the external and internal world in the moment. Mindfulness is taught through meditation. During the practice, you train the mind to focused and concentrated. After a while, you will notice the habitual patterns of your mind. You will begin to learn to manage your emotions more effectively, rather than resorting to suppression or avoidance.
Time to pause
Mindfulness is a set of skills to help you pause, reflect and find more spaciousness in your life. However, learning to meditate takes time. The benefits of learning mindfulness online at home helps you put the time you would have spent travelling to class to committing to your mindfulness practice instead.
Find some spaciousness
Benefits of mindfulness
Sharpen concentration & attention
Work/life, heart/head, body/mind
Ground, centre, unwind & still the mind
Emotional intelligence to better understand yourself and others
Deepen relationships by connecting more openly and clearly
Learn to cope and live with physical pain or long term illness
FAQs on mindfulness
Below are some frequently asked questions about mindfulness online and the courses and mindfulness-based cognitive therapy sessions that I offer remotely. If your questions are still unanswered having read this page, please feel free to reach out to me.
What is your mindfulness teacher training?
I have completed the full specialist mindfulness training pathway through Bangor University and am listed with the British Association for Mindfulness Based Approaches.
Mindfulness has undoubtedly been the fastest growing wellbeing intervention this millennium. It has turned heads at the World Economic Forum, parliament and the media. Mindfulness has seen such a sharp rise in popularity, that regulation of the field has been unable to keep pace.
An all-party group of MPs made a case for mindfulness to be introduced to public sector services and the workplace. But they also urged in their report, Mindful Nation UK, that: “The training of [mindfulness] teachers is critical… There is considerable and justifiable concern about the quality of [mindfulness] teachers and how to ensure integrity.” In response, the British Association for Mindfulness Based Approaches has developed a register of mindfulness teachers who meet high standards of training, specific mindfulness supervision and ongoing training.
MBCT is an even more specialised form of mindfulness as it has been developed for recurrent depression. Further to the above training and registration, only professionals with a mental health qualification are approved to teach MBCT.
How long is the programme?
We will meet weekly for 50 minutes for eight sessions. The MBCT programme has a set curricula, which we will go through together. Each week has a theme and a new meditation to practice between sessions.
Will I have to do homework?
Each week you will be given a workbook and a guided meditation MP3. You will need to do an hour’s home practice every day for the duration of the eight weeks. This can be tough to commit to, which is why I allow you to bring a friend to the sessions with you so that you can buddy up and support each other.
Where can I find out more about mindfulness?
Below is a list of some websites with great resources, research and information on mindfulness.
- Bangor University mindfulness Centre offers resources and information on mindfulness: www.bangor.ac.uk/mindfulness
- Oxford university Mindfulness Centre also has a wealth of information on research and publications: www.oxfordmindfulness.org/learn/resources
- MARC, University of California Los Angeles Mindful Awareness Research Center: http://marc.ucla.edu/
- University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and society founded in 1995 by Jon Kabat-Zinn: www.umassmed.edu/cfm/
- The UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations: Committed to supporting good practice and integrity in the delivery of mindfulness-based courses in the UK www.mindfulnessteachersuk.org.uk.
- The Mental Health Foundation has a dedicated mindfulness site with many useful resources: www.bemindful.co.uk
- American Mindfulness Research Association publishes a monthly list of the latest mindfulness research: https://goamra.org
- Mindful Net: The mindfulness information website with loads of links and free resources: www.mindfulnet.org
- The BeingWell: The BeingWell is a social enterprise offering mindfulness classes for the public (1-2-1 and group), businesses (wellness and L&D), and not- for-profit organisations (charities and public sector) in Tower Hamlets, including Canary Wharf: http://www.thebeingwell.org.
Booking For Online mindfulness
Please use the booking calendar to check my availability for mindfulness online, book and pay. Feel free to use the contact form (below the calendar) if you need to ask me any questions before booking your online session. Please note that the appointments are 50 minutes in duration.
At your initial consultation, we will agree on a regular arrangement for sessions going forward. You can use the calendar below to see what regular slots are available for weeks ahead. Most clients block book a specific time each week and this is payable before or on the day of each session.
I aim to reply to all messages with 24 hours. If you have not heard from me after a day, please try again through another method as I may not have received your message.
+44 (0)7940 516 806